Sunday, January 30, 2011

MARILYN ON THE BIG SCREEN

Marilyn & Jane on the big screen!
Last month I attended a showing of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at a local movie theatre in Vancouver, BC. I was very excited to be watching Marilyn on the big screen for the very first time! As the movie started, my mind travelled back in time to 1953 and imagined what it was like at the premiere of GPB.

It was a great experience to see Marilyn and Jane Russell on a movie screen and not my television. I really enjoyed hearing fellow fans laugh along during the movie as I'm used to watching Marilyn movies alone at home.

Other Marilyn movies playing at the theatre were How to Marry a Millionaire and Let's Make Love. I intended on watching these movies as well but we were hit with snow and I wasn't able to attend.

I'm just thankful I was able to see GPB in theatre, as that is one of my favorite MM movies! Such a great experience to see her larger than life and to be surrounded by fellow fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment